Kale and Burrata Bruschetta
Creamy burrata and garlicky sautéed kale combine for a vegetarian-friendly appetizer equally at home as a weeknight nibble as it is at a cocktail party.
Recipe / Ingredients:
1 rustic baguette, sliced diagonally to form long slices
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 bunch of curly kale, roughly chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup water
16 ounces of burrata
If tracking down burrata proves to be a problem for you, fresh mozzarella works well as a substitute.
1. Set your oven to broil.
2. On a baking tray, line up baguette slices.
3. Pour 1/4 cup of olive oil into a small bowl, and with a pastry brush, brush onto the tops of the baguette slices.
4. Broil until tops are slightly brown and crispy.
5. While the bread is toasting, in a sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
6. Using a micro plane grater, grate one clove of garlic into pan. Add kale, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together.
7. Add water and cover until kale becomes wilted and tender. Set aside.
8. Using the other clove, rub the tops of baguette slices with garlic.
9. Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of burrata on each slice of bread and top with a spoonful of sautéed kale. Serve warm.
Yield: Serves six to eight.
For more information on specific programs to address your blood pressure, contact Dan Prater, ND on 219.613.1161 or via email.
Shop Now — At Our Healthy Medicine Shoppe!
Ordering is simple with our online dispensary, and the products will be shipped directly to your home or work within a few days.
The Fullscript Dispensary includes over 2000 products all USP/GMP and 3rd party tested.
No service, information, product available from 21st Century Total Wellness, LLC should be misconstrued as medical advice prescribing, diagnosing,or intervention for any medical condition. All information available from our website, brochures, and other collateral material are offered as educational material for your review.