Smoothies make for the perfect snack or even meal; they’re fast, filling, and full of whatever fruits and veggies sound good to you. Go green with a kale, cantaloupe, and ginger smoothie — round it off with a squeezed lemon for extra zest.
Kale, Cantaloupe & Ginger Smoothie Recipe:
Pure Leaf Iced Tea asked me to come up with a smoothie that was inspired by the farmers market. I wanted it to be seasonal, local, really nutritious and packed with naturally derived sweetness. I added bananas, dates, ginger and lemon to balance out the cantaloupe and the kale and to give it a round finish.
- 1 cup ripe Cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup Kale, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Flaxseeds or Flaxseed meal
- 1 ripe Banana, peeled
- 1/2 cup Medjool Dates, quartered
- 1 cup unsweetened Black Tea, like Pure Leaf
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated Ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree on high speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Serve cold.
Yield: Serves 2.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
For more information on a nutritional program personalized to address your health concerns, contact Dan Prater, ND on 219.613.1161 or via email.
Shop Now — At Our Healthy Medicine Shoppe!
Ordering is simple with our online dispensary, and the products will be shipped directly to your home or work within a few days.
The Fullscript Dispensary includes over 2000 products all USP/GMP and 3rd party tested.
No service, information, product available from 21st Century Total Wellness, LLC should be misconstrued as medical advice prescribing, diagnosing,or intervention for any medical condition. All information available from our website, brochures, and other collateral material are offered as educational material for your review.