Maple Bacon Kale Chips
Kale chips never tasted as naughty (or nice) as these maple bacon crisps that are at once salty, savory, and sweet.
Adjust the salt to taste, as it will depend largely on the saltiness of your bacon drippings, which will vary from brand to brand. I used Niman Ranch’s Apple wood-Smoked Uncured Bacon.
2 pieces thick-cut bacon
1 bunch kale, rinsed
2 tablespoons maple sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a half-sheet pan with a cooling rack.
2. Lay the bacon out on the cooling rack, and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the fat has rendered out and the bacon is cooked to desired crispness.
3. Meanwhile, remove the kale stems, cut or tear the leaves into bite-size pieces, and thoroughly rinse the leaves to remove any lingering dirt. Dry the pieces of kale in a salad spinner or on a dish towel (it’s important that the leaves are dry before the next step).
4. Remove the cooling rack and bacon to a paper-towel lined plate and reserve for another use (or eat it). Allow the bacon drippings to cool to the touch, about 5 minutes.
5. Toss the kale in the bacon drippings, massaging it onto all surfaces. Sprinkle the kale with the maple sugar and salt, tossing to coat evenly.
6. Line two half-sheet pans with parchment paper and spread the pieces into a single even layer. Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until the chips have shrunken slightly and are crisp and darker in color but not yet brown.
Yield: Serves 2-4.
For more information on specific programs to address your blood pressure, contact Dan Prater, ND on 219.613.1161 or via email.
Shop Now — At Our Healthy Medicine Shoppe!
Ordering is simple with our online dispensary, and the products will be shipped directly to your home or work within a few days.
The Fullscript Dispensary includes over 2000 products all USP/GMP and 3rd party tested.
No service, information, product available from 21st Century Total Wellness, LLC should be misconstrued as medical advice prescribing, diagnosing,or intervention for any medical condition. All information available from our website, brochures, and other collateral material are offered as educational material for your review.